Fat Dog

Fat Dog
She ain't fat, she fluffy

Monday, September 27, 2010

I'm not in Kansas Anymore

Or I guess I should say I am not in Utah anymore. I just got back from my annual 2 week vacation to Utah. Hubs and I load up the chiwi's, and our boat and head out to Fish Lake, Utah every year for two-three weeks. We have been doing this together for the past 17 years, and hubs has been going since he was a little bitty red-headed boy, for about the past 40 years. He has no hair anymore, but he still goes every year. Why every year you ask??? Why not someplace else? Why drive 550 miles with 5 chiwi's? Here is why:

That is hubs with the chiwi's at our campsite at Fish Lake. The view is amazing, the lake is gorgeous. There is no traffic, no noise, the people are friendly. Need I say more?? Well worth the drive every year. Unfortunately, coming back to civilizatin was not as serene. It took me 2 hours to drive 37 miles today to work. And just when I thought I was going to pull my hair out, the drive got even more interesting. As I was sitting in traffic, I looked over and saw a man waiting at the bustop. Now that sounds innocent enough and pretty boring also. Except he was not wearing anything except his underwear. Well I am assuming they were his underwear, as there was nobody naked standing next to him. Dorothy we are definately not in Kansas anymore!!! I am counting the days until next years vacation:)

2 comments:

  1. Oy! It's always tough coming back from wonderland but this is a tough re-entry into real life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how neat to have a tradition like that, I lived around Hill AFB in Utah for 10 years, but never made it there, but Utah is beautiful, for sure. Lezlee

    ReplyDelete